J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, OBS, Web logic, Oracle, Diffusion, Restful, API
Sportingbet are going through an unprecedented period of growth and have a number of newly created Java Developer opportunities to work in an agile, full development lifecycle environment.
In these highly visible and newly created roles you will be working with the latest technology releases to build brand new Greenfield applications as well as enhancing existing products on the Sportingbet web, mobile, middleware and trading platforms.
You will be a results focused, highly organised individual with outstanding relationship skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical business facing management, to make business requirements a technical reality. Brief outline of technical requirements:
- Deep knowledge of the J2EE platform – (Web components, Middle-tier components, EIS)
- Substantial experience of test driven development (TDD) and willingness to apply on all project work
- Solid knowledge of OO techniques & design patterns – (DI/MVC/IoC/GoF)
- Oracle application and middleware exposure (Web Logic, Oracle Service Bus, Coherence, Fusion, etc.)
- Capable of developing technical specifications and documentation
- Experience working in high volume transactional websites as well as some E-commerce exposure
- Knowledge of Diffusion
- Exposure to functional and/or emerging languages (Scala, Ruby, Groovy, Erlang)
- Oracle PL/SQL experience
- Exposure to ASP.NET with C#
Sportingbet is one of the world’s most well-known online gaming operators. Founded in 1998, we have been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2001. In May 2010, Sportingbet plc moved from AIM to the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in order to raise the Group’s profile and improve liquidity in our shares. The move also reflects our successful expansion and growing maturity.
With over two million customers in 30 markets across Europe, Australia, Canada, South America and South Africa, we now offer more than 8,000 different betting opportunities every single day.
The people who work for us are second to none and are key to our success. They have vastly diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences, but one thing they share is the common goal of continually driving the business forward in an ethical, productive and fun way.
We hire ambitious, passionate and innovative experts in all fields who want to be part of a challenging yet hugely rewarding environment so contact our recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.