As a whole, our Board of Directors and employees take their social responsibilities very seriously.
We aim to provide a protected entertainment environment, giving responsible adults the confidence of knowing that their money is safe, whilst providing us with the confidence that all reasonable steps are being taken to protect the vulnerable.
We have a Social Responsibility Committee, which is responsible for reviewing policies on corporate social responsibility and stimulating Group wide best practice. It reviews various matters, including:
- Age verification
- Money laundering
- Responsible gambling
Code of Conduct
Know Your Customer
Sportingbet has developed and complies with its Customer Charter, below.
- Sportingbet promises to ensure complete transparency and clarity in all its financial relationships with customers.
- Sportingbet will offer odds on all mainstream sporting events, and these will be competitive with other major bookmakers.
- Sportingbet respects the privacy of all its customers and commits itself to protect any data about customers from outside parties.
- Sportingbet maintains 24-hour multi-lingual Customer Service in order to resolve all customer matters as quickly as possible. In the event that there is no amicable agreement in a dispute, Sportingbet agrees to abide by independent arbitration.
Sportingbet has developed and complies with its Code of Conduct, see below.
- Sportingbet complies with all route-to-market legislation everywhere in the world. The Company will only physically operate where it is expressly permitted or licensed to do so.
- Sportingbet commits to be transparent on the setting and changing of odds and the prompt settling of all customers' financial transactions.
- Sportingbet complies with all securities' legislation in each market it operates in, and by the appropriate rules and regulations of the London Stock Exchange.
- Sportingbet pays all taxes and levies wherever they are applied.
- Sportingbet is committed to support the world-wide liberalisation and regulation of online gambling.
- Sportingbet refuses to take bets from minors and supports all efforts to avoid taking bets from compulsive or problem gamblers.
- Sportingbet commits to be proactive in combating money-laundering and any form of financial fraud.
- Sportingbet's conduct with its customers will be straightforward and helpful at all times.
The guideline principles behind the Group’s policies can be summarised as ‘Know Your Customer’. For the majority of our customers, online gambling represents an entertainment pastime and our products, promotions and culture form a considerable part of the customers’ experience.
The small minority of customers who may be potential fraudsters, underage gamblers or problem gamblers result in the need for comprehensive systems and procedures to protect the company and often the customer. None of these systems can ever be entirely secure against offenders, but we commit significant time and investment to finding organisational and software-driven approaches to exclude the vulnerable and identify fraud.